Understanding eSIMs: The New Age of International Connectivity
Are you tired of buying physical SIM cards every time you are travelling to a different country? Now you don’t need to buy it every time you are out in a different country, instead, you can buy an eSIM package which is just like a physical SIM card provides you with convenience and stable internet access no matter where you are.
What is eSIMs or embedded SIM?
An eSIM is a digital form of a physical SIM card that identifies the device virtually and provides a constant, and stable Internet connection. These are software installed onto an eUICC chip that is permanently attached to a device enabling them to connect with wireless networks for the internet with the help of the digital eSIM packages. With the help of these SIM cards, travellers can access their emails all the time and stay connected with their family and friends as well, stay up to date with all the latest news, and use GPS to navigate their way through a foreign place without changing their SIM card again and again.
How to set up an eSIM?
It is essential to set up the international eSIM before you start your journey. Here are some steps to see how to do it:
- Firstly, you need to check whether your device is compatible with eSIM or not.
- If your device is compatible with eSIM cards, then you need to set up roaming data plans to have data roaming on your device as most eSIMs do not have native local connections.
- Download the most reliable eSIM provider MobiMatter application from either Apple Store or Google Play to go through the various packages provided by MobiMatter. MobiMatter provides high-quality and reliable eSIM packages with different validity periods, prices, GB of data, and destinations in which this works. With so many packages from MobiMatter, there is always a package for everyone.
- After choosing a package and purchasing it from the MobiMatter application or website, you will receive an eSIM QR code and all the basic instructions needed for the eSIM. All you need to do is to scan the QR code and enter the activation code in your device’s settings.
- Now, if you have both eSIM and physical SIM cards then switch the data usage to the eSIM.
- Then turn on the data roaming of the eSIM, set up the Access Point Name and connect the device to the correct network and enable the internet.
With the help of MobiMatter, APN comes automatically to most eSIMS unless you are using a less popular smartphone. In that case, you will receive the correct APN settings upon the package’s purchase. All you need to do is switch off the WiFi connection and wait for some minutes so that your device sends the proper signal to the operator for the eSIM to be activated properly.
Now you can say goodbye to all the hassle of changing the physical SIM card every time you will be traveling abroad and say hello to eSIMS.